Monday 10 February 2020

Leaving Toronto for Africa - My First time Flying on the Ethiopian Airline




It was a typical cold Canadian winter morning. It was minus 11 degrees C outside. It made going to Africa more appealing! My husband got up at 6a.m. and drove me to the Toronto Pearson International.

















With my hubby's help, we had all our luggage checked in with little problem.  With  help from the airport staff, we got a ride right to the door of the departure gate. We boarded an Ethiopian plane and started our African journey!









Though It was a 14 hour flight from Toronto to Addis Ababa, it was a pleasant experience as the Ethiopian Airline staff provided good services to its passengers.










As we boarded the plane, we were greeted by a beautifully dressed host welcoming us on board.





After we settled in, we received a blanket, a pair of  headset, a  kit consisting a toothbrush, toothpaste and a pair of socks to keep our  feet warm on this overnight flight. All these for free! You don't get too many free things these days flying.














During these 14 hour flight, we were served three meals: dinner, a sandwich, a breakfast and a snack;  the food was good, especially the beef dinner and the omelette breakfast.












Other things I enjoyed during our long haul flight was reading some informative articles published in the airline's magazine .












 I learned a lot about Ethiopia and  African cultures, in particular a sport similar to hockey started by the shepherds in the field.

It was one of the most informative and educational in flight magazines I have read during my many trips overseas.










 This was my first time flying with Ethiopian Airline and I enjoyed the experience!



R.T.
Enroute to East Africa
via Ethiopian Airline








No comments:

Post a Comment