Monday 2 March 2020

Making a Promise to God at an Uganda Church Service



We attended a Sunday Service at Arise Africa International Church
I always try to attend a service at a local church wherever I travel. But since no one in our group seemed interested, it was not on our itinerary.

Therefore, it was God's providence as I happened to talk to a fellow visitor from Britain at breakfast. Chatting with her, I found that she was going to church this morning! I asked to join with her group.




The church service was held under a big tent like structure.



Together with Elaine and Rose, we walked to the Arise Africa International Christian Church which was only a stone throw away from our resort.




I thoroughly enjoyed the singing led by the Arise Africa's worship team.










The service started with singing lead by the Worship Team.

I loved those songs, especially the one called "God remember the children, remember us."















I was so touched that tears started streaming down my face. Since our arrival to Uganda, we have witnessed firsthand the difficulties and challenges facing Ugandans.

Despite these insurmountable situations, Ugandans, with their strong faith in God,  are still cheerful and optimistic carrying on with their daily lives with dignity.




I felt ashamed as I have steadfastly refused to go to Africa for any mission trips for the past many years. God reminded me at the service how much He loves me and how much He has blessed me.











I finally came to my senses conquering my fear of going to Africa.













I made a promise to God there - God, wherever you send me, I will go.

I have learned to overcome my fears.









The minister gave a good sermon on the prodigal son teaching people not to treat others as a commodity but as members of our community.


I met Evan after church, with Korean and White heritage, a lovely young man working at one of the NGO in Jinja. He was very friendly and positive about Africa.









It was a good service. I thank God that I was able to attend a church service while in Africa!

R.T.
Arise Africa International Church
Jinja, Uganda
Sunday, Day 7 

No comments:

Post a Comment