Friday 29 September 2017

How to Get Corporate Support for Community Fundraising Events

In my retirement life, one of the main activities is to get involved in my community and try to do what I can to help.  I am no singer, dancer nor a fast talker to dazzle potential donors to contribute towards worth charity work. One thing I can do well is letter writing.

I am delighted that my research and writing skills have paid off in our recent efforts to raise funds for our community centre. We visited a few large companies in the area and met with the administrative staff. Many local stores told us in order to donate or support us, we needed to go beyond their stores to approach their headquarters.
We got McDonald's support last year for our Walkathon. 

Approach we did.  We called the head offices of a few of these big corporations, made appointments to meet with the proper dept. Before we went, we prepared a comprehensive  power point to introduce our charitable organization and the work we were doing..

After a period of building community relations, we finally received our first donation for our community wide event last year. We were ecstatic! This year, our community centre is entering into the phase 2 expansion to meet the demands of the needs of residents.
We are holding our annual Walkathon, one of the major fundraising events for the centre.

We are getting McDonald's donations again this year!
We wrote to McDonald's asking for their support again. We have not heard from them after almost a month. I sent the letter again for the second time just in case the owner who donated to us did not receive the letter. We just heard back and they accepted our request for help and they would do that again!

I am just beside myself. We are getting donations and support from McDonald's for the second year.! Praise God for his provision and thank God for McDonald's generosity!

R.T.
Happy to hear back from McDonald
Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment