Sunday 3 September 2017

Creating Fond Memories with My Best Friend in Cayo Coco


Main lobby of the our resort in Cayo Coco



This Cuban holiday has been a new experience as there were a few first for me.





The resort where we are staying is spacious peaceful and beautiful!






Cuba is famous for its spectacular beaches!












First, I am not a sun worshiper therefore it is very unusual of me to spend a sun and sand holiday in a tropical country.






A beautiful  beach at  Cayo Coco, Cuba
Secondly, I always enjoy doing our own things with my husband who is interested in cultures, people and activity based holidays.








We always plan our own itinerary and try to learn about the country/ city we are visiting,

But this time, Lillian and I have spent a fair amount of time at the resort and laying around on the beach,
Lillian loves swimming in the ocean.








Lillian enjoys swimming in the ocean whereas I feel more comfortable in a swimming pool.

She persuaded me successfully this time to try swimming in the warm water of the Caribbean Ocean!

At 30 plus degrees, the Cuban ocean water was warm like bath water!





The water was warm,  just like bath tub water. The sand was soft to the touch caressing the bottom of my tired feet.















It was my first time swimming in the ocean!


Best of all, the water near the beach was shallow for a big area therefore we could wade out to the ocean for a fairly long distance; it was only waist deep.

What a great feeling it was swimming in the warm ocean water!


Lillian and I have a lot of fun together!














 
Lillian,  my best friend, has recounted to me many times about her childhood experience of spending time in the Adriatic Sea.

I started to understand what she was talking about and appreciate her fond memories about her childhood experience in Europe.





Enjoying a Cuban holiday with my best friend!

Spending time with my girl friend on a holiday was just as fun as vacationing with my family.

This is my first time on a holiday with a girl friend, and I like it!
 
R.T.
Cayo Coco
Cuba

No comments:

Post a Comment