Monday 24 December 2018

Buying Alcatraz Tickets in Person & A Family Dinner at Bubba Shrimps Co.


Christmas tree at Pier 39, San Francisco, USA
After our visit to the synagogue , we walked down to Pier 39 trying to buy our tickets for the Alcatraz cruise on Sunday.

We could have bought the tickets online, but we were not too far from Pier 39 so we decided to buy from the pier directly which also meant cheaper tickets for the cruise.

We got to Pier 39 with six minutes before closing time at 5p.m. Hallelujah!  We just made it and got the tickets we wanted for this coming Sunday to Alcatraz


View of the Bay Bridge from Pier 39 at night, S.F.





Mission accomplished! We walked leisurely to Pier 39 to enjoy a well earned seafood dinner.

I texted E., not knowing if he could come and join us at such short notice. He did, at around 8pm.


A spectacular sunset at Pier 39, San Francisco





We always wanted to eat at the Bubba Shrimps Co. a restaurant made famous by the movie Forrest Gump with Tom Hank in it.

Finally, we ate at the Bubba Shrimps Co. at Pier 39.
I am a fan of Tom and we finally got to dine at the restaurant made famous by his character in the movie!






The decoration of the restaurant was casual place with the theme of Forest Gump. There were signs at each table saying Run Forest Run!  The screens at the bar area playing none other movie but Forest Gump.

The menu contained many dishes featuring shrimps!






Some of the staff celebrated a customer's 21st birthday.


The restaurant was real busy, full of diners.
The servers were polite and enthusiastic.

At the table next to ours, there was a few of them clapping and singing, helping to celebrate one of the patron's 21st birthday.











Since we had to waited for E., we decided to go ahead and had something to eat.

Since the specialty here is shrimps, I ordered the Shrimps and Macaroni, my favourite.








S. ordered some fresh local fish.

The food was fresh and delicious !

 After we had our food, I was getting impatient waiting for E. and was about to leave. Good thing E. was calm in his text response and told me he had just arrived.







I missed his earlier message informing me that he was in the area already. This taught me to be patient again and not to be too testy in my response. 


We moved to the bar and watched a Raptors game against Oakland.









I could not help watching the Forrest Gump movie on the TV screen next to the basketball game.
















Now, I am getting to understand E.,a little better, he is happy as long as he's with us even though there might not be much talking.







Merry-go- around, Pier 39



I can understand it. As long as my husband or my loved one is with me in the same room, I don't feel lonely.

Our loved ones' presence alone is comforting to us without the necessity of saying a word to one another.







Pier 39, San Francisco



I have to learn to modify my expectations whenever I see E.  Being together, without much talking is also a form of communication and being with one another.


R.T.
Bubba Shrimps Co. Restaurant
Pier 39
San Francisco, USA




No comments:

Post a Comment