Wednesday 24 May 2017

Lectio Divina - Learning to Meditate and Discern Messages from the Bible

Taking an intensive course at the Queen of Apostles renewal Centre





We have been practicing and learning to apply Lectio Divina everyday at our intensive seminary course at a Catholic retreat centre.














Some plants around the retreat centre








We read four passages in the past few days.

One of the passages was taken from Luke 8:40-48.  Following the steps in this ancient scripture reading method, we read and meditated on God's word applying them to our life.






Tiny maple leaves are sprouting from the ground by the Credit River







From the Luke passage, the key word that spoke to me was" Daughter, go in peace.









There were three women and two men in our reading group;  each one of us listened to the same passage but had a different message.














I have been feeling anxious since I got the email that some of the trained youth leaders who were supposed to help me in running the conference program next week in Ottawa dropped out leaving me with just a few people.











Credit River - as seen from behind the retreat centre.






I thanked God for giving me the phrase - "Daughter, go in peace."





















Though I am anxious that there may not be enough volunteers helping me during the conference, I need to learn to trust God instead of using my own intellect to deal with problems and various situations.











Yes, I am concerned about those ten untrained youth volunteers who may not be effective or doing anything at the conference.


However, for now, I can leave all these aside for a little while.

I thank God that I have the opportunity of being in a tranquil environment where I can focus on learning and listening to God's word.

I need to put my faith in God and trust him.



R.T.
Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre
Mississauga, Ontario










No comments:

Post a Comment