Monday 15 May 2017

An Excellent Gift for Mom on Mothers' Day!

Mothers' Day, 2017

It was Mothers' Day!  I was a little excited and anxious at the same time today.

I kept glancing at the clock checking the time and wondering if our grown children would remember me and give me a call on Mothers Day.

I didn't check my text last night and took a look at my cell just then; a message from our first born: "Mom, are you going to be around tomorrow? I just got back from NYC and Nashville."  Yes, he remembered and tried to contact me last night.

We made arrangement to talk later tonight as we needed to be in Waterloo and Barrie to visit a friend who lost her spouse recently.

As we were pulling away from the driveway, our younger one called us on the cell from overseas:
" Happy Mothers' Day, Mom!"  J. sounded happy and upbeat.

I thank God, both of our grown children are very busy with their own lives, but they always remember me and find time to talk to me regardless which part of the world they are in or how busy they are with work. Every year,  they make an effort to call us and me especially on Mothers' Day! I haven't seen J. since last summer. I was so  touched talking to J. that I started crying on the phone. I told him how much I 'd missed him and how much I love him.  He also told me he loved us and missed us a lot. We made plan to visit him and he suggested that we would take a holiday together when we see him this summer. Looking forward to the trip already!

After church, we rushed from Waterloo and went to visit Florence in Barrie. Florence is a dear friend of ours. She lost her husband of fifty-eight years a week or so ago while I was away. We brought food over to her house, spent some time with her and her brothers. We try our best to be there to support our friends and church people when they are in need. It was a hectic day for us as we needed to rush from one place and drove two hours to see her.  We were glad we did it to show our support.

We made a point to get home by 11pm to skype with E. We got through and he gave me a big Mothers' Day gift - how much he loved his job and that he got the promotion he wanted after just working with the company for less than a year. He sounded so happy and excited; he told us about the pay increase and bonus he got along with his promotion,  his recent trip to Nashville and being present in a studio for a recording etc. Most important of all, he is really enjoying his work and having fun in what he loves to do. We are truly thankful for God's blessings and grateful for His protective hands on our children!

Last Mothers' Day. E. got a few offers and chose his current job. But he didn't tell me about it last year right away. He waited for a couple of months before he said anything.  A year later, he has established himself in the company and got further in his career.  He shared with us his good news on Mothers' Day. That was better than any flowers or gifts for me on this special day.

I asked him if we could say a thanksgiving prayer together. He didn't object and asked his dad to do it. His father stepped up to the plate and delivered a thanksgiving prayer and shared with our son his thanks about our family and his health. A good testimony for our grown children! With our family united in prayer, being healthy and joyful, giving thanks and trusting God, I was truly grateful. This was the best gift I received on this year's Mother's Day.

R.T.
Mothers' Day
A Thankful and Grateful Mom
Toronto








No comments:

Post a Comment