Monday 15 May 2017

A Special Retreat at the Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre, Mississauga



I have been looking forward to this retreat for a long time.

I am a sociable person, but once a while I have this serious need to be away from everything, from all the busyness of everyday life and go to a place by myself.
Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre
Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre, Mississauga, Ontario










I had the opportunity to do just that last week and spent six days at the Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre in Mississauga, located about an hour's drive west of Toronto.










Having spent a couple of days here last fall, I was determined to be back here for a longer time.

I wanted to make sure that my other half would be well looked after before I went away and made all the arrangement prior to my departure.

My own private room for the 6 day retreat in Mississauga, Ont.


I got to the Centre in the late afternoon after we stopped by and visited Danielle's baby in the city.









By the time I checked into the centre, it was almost 7pm. I didn't even have time to have dinner with my husband before we said good bye.



There were twenty two pf us in this seminary course and Professor S. spent the evening going over the logistics and expectations of what we would be doing for the next five days.





An artificial mango tree in this beautiful area with many fine homes












I went to sleep and had a vivid dream about preparing the dining table for my short term mission team mates while one of the team leaders was preparing some fish in the kitchen. I overheard that there might not be enough fish for everyone therefore I voluntarily gave up my share.

Later, I found out that there were enough fish, so I told R., the team leaders that I would like to try some fish. But she refused and I was very hurt.




Another piece of garden decoration 








Not sure about what this meant,  I
shared my dream with Professor S. who helped me to understand my underlying feelings and anxiety I might have about the pending mission trip.

That was helpful!












Huge carriage homes are common sights in this neighbourhood




On the first day of the retreat, I needed some fresh air after dinner so I went out for a walk with my new found friend and explored the neighbourhood.














A modern addition to the old existing home  








We saw a lot of beautiful houses in this area. Wow!
















These houses are huge, even in Canadian standard, many with three to four garages and big acreage.
























A palatial home for a Canadian in Mississauga, Ontario 








We had a good time walking around and taking pictures of the neighbourhood we would call home for the next few days.




Standing in front of one of those monster homes in Mississauga, Ontario






Really looking forward to making some new friends and learning a lot in this course.

R.T.
Mississauga,
Ontario
Week of May 7, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment