Tuesday 31 March 2015

Sending a Birthday Parcel Via Canada Post to South Korea

Our son has been teaching in South Korea since last year. He loves it there!  Though the foreign teachers program has been cut back in that country, we are very happy for J. as his contract has been renewed already long before it is expired.

I sent a birthday gift to our son via Canada Post
J. will be teaching in South Korea for at least another year. His birthday was coming up and this would be the first time he would spend his birthday away from us. As a tradition, we have always had a birthday dinner together with him on his birthday but this year we would not be able to do so.

We decided to surprise him by sending him a parcel via Canada Post!
Some of the treats included in the birthday parcel







I remember his favourite food;  J. loves sour gummy bears and dried fruits.  His favourite  is dried mangoes.

We thought sending him something Canadian would give him a feeling of home. Besides including a Canadian published magazine, a special card I bought from Angkor Wat, some chocolates, we also put in his favourite treats -  President's Choice candies, a famous Canadian  brand treats bought from Loblaws, our Canadian biggest grocery store!

However, sending a parcel via air mail was not cheap. For under 3 kg, it cost Can. $109.00 to send this package! The postage cost much more than the gift itself!  I was informed that even with the Express Mail, it would take at least seven to eight business days to reach our son in South Korea.

We just hope that J.'s birthday parcel would be delivered to him in time for his birthday!

R.T.
Toronto

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Even I received my birthday gift sent by my granny via Courier services Ft Worth yesterday only. It feels amazing when my granny sends me gifts. She sends me gifts every year without fail. I love her for that, she says the delivery service she opts for is always great.

    ReplyDelete