Tuesday 15 July 2014

Enjoying a Delicious Middle Eastern Buffet in Toronto While on a Diet !

E. T. only comes home a couple of times a year.  This time he came home during one of our busiest weekend when both my husband and I were heavily involved in helping out in a community outreach event.







Middle Eastern decor inside the Jerusalem Restaurant



We signed up to volunteer for the weekend and we did not spend a  lot of time together.

But one thing we did manage to do as a family was to have a meal together.








Lots of sunlight streaming through the restaurant's skylight

 One advantage of living in Toronto is the opportunity to sample delicious food from around the globe right in the city without travelling anywhere.

Since we don't see our son too often, we were looking for a restaurant with nice ambiance and comfortable space so that we could spend some time talking and catching up with each other.



My favorite spot -A sunny, spacious and comfortable place to dine and talk with friends and family at the restaurant





 We went to try  Middle Eastern food at a Mediterranean buffet restaurant called Jerusalem Restaurant, located  on Leslie Street, just north of Sheppard Ave. and south of Finch.







Lots of healthy dips and vegetarian dishes on the buffet menu




This restaurant offered a variety of  vegetarian and meaty dishes catering to the diverse tastes of the residents in the area.








Though I could be on a diet, I could still dine out!



I find that Middle Eastern food is quite healthy with all the salads,, brightly coloured vegetables and  dips made from various kinds of beans.

By the time I stuffed myself with the delicious food from the salad bar, I ate very small amount of meat and pasta. This was important to me as I would like to keep to my diet plan as much as possible!






Always good to welcome our son home!
E.. told us about his new job and his life in the states. We were glad to hear all the updates and were able to catch up with him on the latest news.
It was a very enjoyable meal and great family time for us! We always treasure these moments when the family can be together!

R.T.
Jerusalem Restaurant/  Mediterranean Buffet Toronto




No comments:

Post a Comment