Sunday 20 July 2014

Improving Liver Function = A Healthy Weight Loss for Me

Salmon - an alternate source of protein
I have never been a chubby woman, nor have been slender all my life. But I noticed, every year I have continuously gained some weight after turning forty.  Trying to lose weight, I experienced great difficulty in shedding the last five - ten pounds.

I read a book recently by an Australian doctor called Dr. Sandra Cabot who penned a booked called the Liver Cleaning Diet in which she talks about how important it is to have a healthy liver which greatly improves the body's immune system. I started following the liver cleansing diet for two months and ended up with the added benefit of losing fifteen pounds!

After shedding these extra pounds, I would like to keep them off for as long as possible.  I have not gained anything back as I have learned  and followed the twelve vital nutritional principles  to improve liver function from Dr. Cabot's book . Many friends have asked me for my secrets as how I have lost weight and able to keep them off. I  follow these principles as suggested in the book:

1. Listen to your body - don't eat if you are not hungry; don't feel guilty if you cannot finish everything on the plate

2. Drink at least 10- 12 glasses of filtered water daily

3 Avoid eating large amount of sugar

4. Don't become obsessed with measuring calories

5. Avoid food that you may be allergic to

Avoid fast or takeout food
6. Be aware of good intestinal hygiene. Only eat food that are fresh.
    Avoid the regular reheating of food as bacteria breed in stored cooked foods, especially meats.
   Avoid fast food and take out food, especially meat, as it may not be fresh.

7. Do not eat if you feel stresses or anxious.

8. Check if organically grown fresh produce free of pesticides is available in your local area.

Choose protein from non meat source

 9.  Obtain dietary protein from diverse sources, and not just from animal products such as meat, dairy and eggs.

Whole grain bread is a healthier choice







 10. Choose your breads and breads wisely




Plenty of raw fruits and vegetables is vital for your health

11. Avoid constipation by eating plenty of raw fruits and vegetables and by drinking water regularly throughout the day.







Avoid excess fats



12. Avoid excess or damaged fats.


 I am glad that I learned about these twelve healthy eating principles during my two month dietary periods.

Though I finished my special liver cleansing diet, I still follow these eating principles as I know that " You are What Your Eat" and that healthy eating will help to keep me healthy in the years to come!

R.T.
Toronto


No comments:

Post a Comment