Thursday 14 November 2013

Lost but found!!! Our first Day in Panama

Nov. 14, 2013

Our first guest in Panama
Today was the first day of our mission trip. We took it slowly on the fist day.

I had a big pleasant surprise this morning!!!  As soon as I opened one of my suitcases, I found the bank envelop containing money that I thought I had lost! Praise God!

This was very strange indeed! After dinner last night, I unpacked my lugguage and spent almost half an hour taking out all my outfits from the two suitcases and hanging each one of them carefully in the closet. There was no sign of any bank envelops!

Why all of a sudden, the bank envelop was staring me at my face. It was a miracle!  God shows me that He cares for my every need! Praise Him for His mercy and love.
 
Because we have not been at the church house in Panonome for a little while, it took us some time to find things and get familiarized with everything  again.

Since I was here two years ago, I still remember most things save for the names of some of the people there.

Since we have a small team this time, we did not plan for any large scale meetings or program. The last short term trip mission was just here running the family camp for the congregation. We have planned to do follow up and visits with some families in Panonome and a few neighbouring town.

We felt great as Helena and I went through the material in the storage room and set up a shelf full of  children's crafts and writing material so that it would be easier for Sunday School teachers in the future.

We went to visit a family and were invited for dinner there. We played with the two kids - Willy, 4 and Sandy 7, and prayed with the family before we headed back to the church for the prayer meeting.


There were people already waiting for us in the church. I led the singing in the weekly prayer meeting and  got the program and material ready for the kids while Helena looked after them.

I really admired the dedication of the church people there. Even though most of them finished their work between 8-9 p.m. They stayed until the end of the praying meeting which ended at 11:30pm! 

The most impressive part of the prayer meeting was when Pastor Monica asked people to pair up to pray, all the couples chose their spouses as prayer partners and held each other's hands!

R.T.
Panonome, Panama

No comments:

Post a Comment