Wednesday 6 November 2013

Applying for a Visiting Visa to Canada - Not as Easy as You Think

It has been a crazily busy for the past two weeks!!

Helping my brother, Wayne with his preparation for his overseas trip, running around with him getting the paperwork, legal documents for him and so on. I have given him as much assistance as possible.

 As my brother is a Canadian citizen, there is no problem with his coming and going. Canadian citizens are free to travel and visit many different countries around the world. However, he has befriended a lady friend overseas and the relationship has developed seriously enough that he wants to bring her over to meet our mom. This is where the problem lies.

There are some countries to which the Canadian Embassy do not grant visiting visas easily to their applicants. My brother has been running into many obstacles since his girl friend applied and was turned down for a visiting visa in her home country.  Some people say go to an immigration lawyer or join a tour group, that would be easier. He does not wish to go that route as it is expensive, and the group tour itinerary does not allow a lot of flexibility and freedom for his girl friend to travel elsewhere in Canada.

He asked me if there were other ways. I tried my best to do what I do best: writing letters to other people for help. During the past couple of weeks, I wrote at least five letters to different people and places. Armed with these new information and support letters, my brother is now hopeful. He has just boarded a plane to go overseas to meet his finance and will re apply for a visa for her.

I pray for him as he has found a new love in his life since his wife passed away eight years ago.
We have done all we could and now we put all this in front of God. Our mother would be so thrilled if her new daughter- in-law could come and  celebrate her 88 years old birthday with her!!!



R.T.Toronto
p.s. Now, I can get back to normal and get ready for our mission trip to Central America ! There is so much to be prepared for and get ready before we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment