Thursday 14 November 2013

Preparing for a Mission Trip

Nov. 12, 2013

After days of preparations  and anticipation, I finally checked off the items on my to do list before taking off for my next trip overseas : Panama.

There were a few things I must complete before the trip, one of which was - taking my Mom out for lunch. I have started a tradition : Before going away for any extended out of town trip, I must see my parents off first. Now that my dad has passed away, I must spend sometime with my mom.

Making sure that I have all the needles necessary to protect myself from tropical diseases in that particular region, I went to the Travel Clinic located on Leslie and Shephard. The doctor informed me my needles were up to date and since I would mainly be staying on the west side of the Panama Canal, the risk of malaria would be low. Nonetheless, she did give me the prescription if I decided to take the extra precaution.

Other things on my check list were:  my bill payments, withdrawing cash needed for my travel, and mailing the package to Er. In the States.
I already packed my luggage bringing with me the all teaching materials needed for the programs  for which I would be responsible. I did my final packing and planned to get my knapsack ready. That was when I discovered that I lost the money withdrawn for my trip.  I looked high and low, everywhere and searched my house to find the missing funds but to no avail.

Finally I told myself I must have lost it while I was running around doing my errands during the day.  I did not want this loss to ruin my mission trip.

 I gave up looking for it and went to sleep so that I could wake up at 5a.m. to catch the flight to Panama.
R.T. Toronto


No comments:

Post a Comment