Tuesday 28 May 2013

Why is Canada the best country to live on this planet?

An Egyptian Christian Church under Construction in nearby Markham 
Canada has been recognized consistently as one of the best countries to live in the world! Recently, it has been chosen as one of the top three countries - the best place to live on this planet!

I am thankful everyday that I am a Canadian and that  my family and I live in this great country.
While there are so many conflicts and warfare taking place all over the world and we witness tremendous made made human suffering,  Canadians live in a peaceful and harmonious country.

An Unique Mosque on Middlefield Rd, Scarborough
Why are Canadians so fortunate?

I often ponder  this question myself. I am no great philosopher nor am I a social scientist. I do not have a master degree in political science nor have I done much research on this question.

Last Sunday, I found the answer!

Not far from where I attend church on Sundays, there is a magnificent Egyptian Coptic Church currently under construction. It has been an ongoing  building project for the past two years. Many in the community could hardly wait when it is done! It will be a huge celebration among the Egyptian Christan community upon its completion, no doubt!

As I drove along on Middlefield Road close to Markham Road, a mosque with a unique architectural design caught my eyes. It was a  colourful building and I jumped out of my car to take a picture of it.
A Catholic Church right next to the mosque


However, what really caught my attention was a beautiful gigantic cross erected right next to the mosque. As I walked to take a closer look at the cross, I discovered another place of worship close by -  A Catholic church jut right beside the mosque.

The Few Trees in the Middle Separate the Catholic Church from the Mosque
I wish I had a better camera with a wider lens so that I could have captured this beautiful sight that represented the true belief and the Canadian values that are so dear to all of us.

 What a wonderful sight! There are two beautiful religious buildings standing side by side each other. Worshipers - Muslims and Christians were in and out freely, happily and peacefully into these buildings; people were free to choose and worship in whatever building they wanted.

There were no armed police officers, no check points nor were there any great stone walls separating these two religious buildings and the people in them for fear that there migt be any conflicts or ugly situations that could potentially turn violent.

Freedom to worship, respect for other people's religions and differences, a value on human lives and dignity, democracy, along with our universal health care/education , smart government policies and decisions, and according to our latest employment report, a mere 7.1% unemployment rate -  these are the reasons why all Canadians, thirty five millions in all,  can collectively live and lead such  peaceful, harmonious and prosperous lives year after year!

I thank God and praise Him everyday for being a Canadian!

I love Canada, our people and our government for the collective wisdom, love of peace and respect for all people and religions!

R.T.
Toronto  



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous essay!!!Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! It is good to know that others are reading my blog and it encourages me to keep writing!

      Delete
  2. Hi mom :) that was a nice piece. In terms of the picture, what you can do next time is use a function that lets you take a large picture in pieces (consecutive adjacent shots). Almost all digital cameras have this.

    ReplyDelete