Friday 24 May 2013

Catching the Muskoka Sunset



Being out in the country is great! The fresh air, the sound of water and the smell of fresh grass is just rejuvenating and good for our souls.

The Muskoka area boasts numerous gorgeous lakes and unrivaled natural scenery.







Sunset  in  Muskoka


I always love looking at pictures of sunset. There is something about the colour, the calm and the water that make me feel cosy and all warm inside. But whenever I see sunset pictures, there are inevitably palm trees involved in those gorgeous pictures.

 I was determined to capture beautiful sunset pictures right here close to home in Ontario without depending on a tropical sun.

Catching the Sunset - Gravenhurst , Ontario, Canada

I did just that during our long weekend trip back from Muskoka.!

 We stopped  in Huntsville, had a picnic by the lake and then headed to Gravenhurst. Though we drove by Gravenhurst numerous times, we rarely stopped by the lake to enjoy the waterfront view. This time because Kelly was with us and we wanted to show her around Muskoka



We got to Gravenhurst around dust and Don took us straight to the lake. We made good time and I was able to capture a number of sunset pictures. Each picture I took was different in colour reflecting the time when the sun was going down. I was very lucky to have been there just before the sunset.

I am very proud of these beautiful pictures!!!

R.T.
Victoria Day Weekend
Gravenhurst, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment