Friday 16 June 2017

Cactus Container Garden - for Plant Loving Busy People Without a Green Thumb


 The peonies  in our backyard are in full bloom!




I used to think that to have a beautiful garden, there must be a lot of trees, flowers, shrubs and green green grass.




How wrong was I!


A few years ago, we went to visit  Arizona.
















We were awed by the uniqueness of the desert landscape.





Botanical Garden, Arizona, USA




We visited the botanical garden in Arizona.











Huge cacti in the Arizona Botanical  Garden














We could not believe the beauty and variety of the desert plants.




























After our recent trip to the Nevada desert and to the dry regions of California, I have came to appreciate another type of gardening.


















I fell in love with the cactus plants.


























Now I have developed a deeper appreciation for desert plants.



Baby cactus plants are beautiful, cute and decorative!













Cactus container gardens are attractive.















They are easy to look after as they are low maintenance.







I discovered that container cactus gardens are great for people like me.











I love plants and gardening but don't have a green thumb.














Cactus container gardens are very forgiving as they need to be watered may be monthly.

















If you are too busy to water plants regularly, a cactus garden would be an excellent option.




R.T.
Toronto
















No comments:

Post a Comment