Wednesday 21 October 2015

Free Personal Training Exercise Ideas

Step up on  riser with weight
My personal trainer is wonderful! She encourages me, motivates me and most of all, she pushes me to do what I think I cannot do.

I am thankful for having her as my personal trainer as I do feel the difference since I started training with her a couple of months ago. I lost a few pounds already and my tummy has started to tightened up a little. Best of all, I can fit into my beautiful clothes! When I went to a recent shopping trip,  everything I tried on, looked great on me!

Lunging with weights
Besides going to my personal trainer a couple times a week, I also attend 2-3 Zumba and She-bam classes. I find that attending both a Zumba and personal training session on the same day is a little too much for me. Therefore, Kelsey, my trainer designs two separate programs for me each week. The first session is for training my upper body and the second session of the week is for building my lower body strength.

Seated leg curl
Each  personal training session in Canada cost between $50.00 - $100.00. I am writing down these exercises to share with others in my blog, so that those who need to build their strength can have an idea what they can do .  My program today involved the following two circuits:

1. Stepping on a riser with 1 leg holding a 10lb ball, then change to the leg
2. Lunging with a 10 lb ball for 25 steps
3. Seat leg curl - first time at 45 lb - 15X
                            second time - at 50 ld - 15 x
                            third time - at 60 - 15 x



Planking for 1 minute
4. Plank on a mat for 1 minute

I found this exercise one of the hardest as it required much strength. But I also know that it is an important one.





The second set of exercises contained the following exercises:


1. Lying on Mat - Place ball under calves then roll ball under hips



Dead Bug Exercise
2. Dead Bug

This is one of my most favorite exercises. It does train me in the coordination department. But it feels so good when I am lying there on my back while doing this.






Squat with leg to side



3. Squat and then raise 1 leg to the left, then to the right







Hamstring Stretch





4a. Stretching exercises on bar - hamstring stretch



Calves Stretch against a wall





b. Stretch exercise -  against wall with bottom of 1 foot, then change to the other foot

R.T.
Toronto
Picture Sources - Google Search

No comments:

Post a Comment