Saturday 10 October 2015

Exercises for Building Lower Body Strength



Circuits for Lower Body Strength


Step with weight and leg up
Yesterday I had an hour of upper body strength building exercise and then I went to an hour of Sh’bam class afterwards. It was a good workout, but today, my body has not fully recovered and I felt tired.
Squat with a Ball
My trainer always designs two circuits for me in my personal training program targeting the part of my body that hurt. She is really good. However, this afternoon, it took me much longer to finish the first circuit which was composed of the following:

Seated Leg Curl
  1. Step up with leg up to my chest carrying wt on each hand – 15 x with each leg up.
  2. Squat with a 10 lb ball – 15 times
  3. Seated Leg Curl machine – 45 lbs – 12 times (This is a really good exercise for weak hamstring!)
  4. Walk out on the mat then bring each leg to the chest 2 times – 10 times ( I found this exercise the hardest in this circuit. I felt light headed each time as I brought my body back up from the mat. I had to breath between each time really hard and I found this exercise strenuous.
    Walk out on Mat
    I had to repeat this circuit of exercise three times and this took more than half an hour! I must improve my time!!!


    R.T.
    Women's Gym
    Don Mills, Toronto
    Picture Source - Google Search

    No comments:

    Post a Comment