Tuesday 16 August 2022

August 4 - Another Big Unexplained Bruise Found on a Long Term Care Resident

AUGUST 4, 2022 

Everyone takes a rapid test at MJ before seeing the resident

We went to visit Mom at our usual scheduled time – arrive at the home before 12pm, take a rapid test and wait for 15 minutes for a negative result before being allowed to go up to my mom’s floor to see her.












 







Mom was already in the dining room. M., the PSW was there feeding her. She told me that Mom ate .













I took over and fed her my homemade seafood soup spoon by spoon. I was glad that I did bring the homemade soup as this was the only consistent food she could take now. She didn’t have much appetite and she was too tired to go outside to enjoy the sun.







I stayed with Mom until she fell asleep at around 3:15pm. I walked to the nearest Macdonald for a coffee break and checked my emails. I went back to see my mom again at 5pm for the dinner meal and talked to her for bit. Recently the care plan has been changed to only taking mom out of bed to the dining room once a day as the transfer process was too much for her.



I was shocked to see a great big bruise on my mom’s left hand. It looked painful! It was not there when I left her at 315p.m. while she was in bed. What happened? I went to the nursing station and reported this bruise. 





The floor RPN came in to take a look but could not give me an explanation. M. the PSW didn’t even come in to tell me what happened until almost 2 hour later. I took a picture and sent it via what’s hap to our chat group among my siblings. The following days , there was an investigation as the charge nurse reported it to the police.


 R.T.
Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment