Friday 22 February 2019

Enjoying a Fabulous Sunset on a Cuban Beach Near Trinidad Del Mar



The Cuban sunset is beautiful! We love every minute of it.














We enjoy watching the sunset on the beach at our Cuban resort



Unlike our sunset experience in Fiji, our first sunset experience in Cuba was a very pleasant and gradual one instead.

I remember well when we were vacationing and staying in a brule on a Fijian island in the late 1980's. We were young and brave. It was shortly after a Fijian uprising and foreign tourists were staying away from visiting the country.

Young and foolish, we visited the island anyway. There were few tourists on that beach resort. We were among the handful of guests staying there at the time.

Watching the Cuban sunset is a pleasant experience!


One day, it was around 3pm when we went out to enjoy the beach and there were only us and a couple other people.

With his camera in hand, my husband went around to explore the beach area close by while I was sunbathing on a lounge chair.









Shortly after my husband left, the sun started going down at around 4ish, I sat up looking around and discovered that I was the only person left on the beach.


The sun was going down fast and the area becoming dark right away. I was absolutely alone without my husband or anyone in sight on a wide open beach area as far as my eyes could see.






Watching the sunset is one of our most favorite activities wherever we are vacationing in the world




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                                                            As a woman, my sense of caution heightened as the area grew darker.

I kept calling for my husband worrying about his and my safety. Years later, I still remember vividly the fearful thoughts going through my mind:

What happened to my husband?
Was he safe?
Did he get hurt?
Would I be safe on this beach alone?
What should I do if someone emerged from the dark and attacked me?




In less than 15 minutes, the sun went down completely!

It was not an enjoyable sunset experience for me in Fiji at all as the sun went down too fast.











However, the sunset scene on a Cuban beach where we are is completely different.















The sun starts going down gradually and we could enjoy the scenery for about an hour, taking advantage of the warm glow and spectacular scenery.















We love watching the Cuban sunset!




R.T
on a beach near
Trinidad Del Mar
Cuba 

No comments:

Post a Comment