Wednesday 20 February 2019

A Fantastic Snorkeling Experience Near the Trinidad Del Mar Coral Reef in Cuba

                                                         
Day 6

Cuba is known for its white sandy beaches and fine weather.
It has more than 300 sunny days a year.











This is my third time visiting Cuba in the last two years. We have not had one rainy day yet during our past three vacations here.











One of the favorite activities I enjoy doing is snorkeling while vacationing in a tropical country.

Today we did just that.

Another couple and we  signed up for this activity at one of the activity booths on the beach for the 12:30pm session.





We waited but the boat did not come to pick us up until 1:00pm.











Knowing that we would be swimming in the open sea, we made sure our life jackets were put on properly.                     



















The small boat took us about one mile away from shore.













It was a little windy and we got wet by the waves splashing on us.

I was thinking might be the water would be too cold for snorkeling. This is their winter in Cuba.







With both our life jackets and  snorkeling equipment properly strapped on, we went into the ocean.










As soon as we got into the water, it was not too bad at all! The ocean water was much warmer than I had anticipated.






However, I did swallow some salt water initially. It took me a few minutes to get used to the mask and breathing through the tube.

Each time I went snorkeling, I learned something new. Getting used to the water and breathing through the mouth piece properly,  I was able to breathe and stay longer under water this time.


What an amazing view I saw under the Cuban ocean water! There were so many fish swimming by and around me that it was as if I were swimming in a huge aquarium!

Colourful fish of various sizes and colours were swimming by and around me in the Cuban coral reef!


There were beige,  purple and blue corals of different sizes swaying side to side; gold colour rocks scattered everywhere on the ocean floor; fish of different sizes and colour darting around everywhere.

I have never seen such beautiful, colourful and lively scenery in my life!









We snorkeled for about 45 minutes. I had to come up a few times to adjust my equipment and spill out some salty water.

Emil and the other younger folks were able to stay in the water for much longer than I could. He never went up once as he was having a blast in the water.


What I have seen in many world renowned aquariums could not compare to the view of what I saw in this coral reef in Cuba.

It was a totally awesome experience!


R.T.
At a Cuban Coral Reef
near Trinidad Del Mar, Cuba

Picture credit - Many pictures, especially the underwater ones were taken by Emil (a fellow tourist from Mississauga, Canada)
Thank you, Emil, for sharing these great pictures with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment