Monday 28 January 2019

Waiting for a Delayed Flight at Toronto Pearson International Airport



Today was minus 20 degrees outside; it was freezing cold.  Bundled in our heavy winter sweaters, jackets and wrapped in thick scarves, we headed out towards the Toronto Pearson's International Airport.

Our scheduled flight to a warm sunny destination would not take off until 3:55pm.







But Toronto is forecasting heavy snow of 10 - 20 cm and a white out driving condition. We called our taxi company and moved up our departure time from home so that we would not be caught in the congested rush hour traffic.











The airport is busy with many Canadians heading south for some sun. My sister and her family went down to Mexico last Saturday while we are waiting for our flight to our favourite tropical country.















Though waiting for their much delayed flights, all the passengers are pretty calm and relaxed.
Many are chatting while some are playing games on the floor and my beloved is sitting comfortably surfing on the free wifi.

Looking out of the window, all I could see is a thick white sheet covering the airport.

Eh, a few hours from now, it would be a very different landscape for us. Green green grass and 30 degree sunny weather.

I am imaging myself sunbathing by the crystal blue water sandy beach and in my light colorful summer outfit.

Can't wait! Thank God for giving us good health and the resources to enjoy the sun in the middle of a cold cold Canadian winter!

Our flight has been delayed due to the winter snow storm, not sure when we will be flying out to our sunny destination. This gives me time to catch up on my recent blog.

Gratefully waiting at the Toronto Pearson Airport!

R.T.
Toronto
Jan. 28, 2019


p.s. Having difficulty uploading pictures to my recent blog postings, not sure if I can do my blogging from where we are heading as the wifi there is not reliable and limited
pps - Our flight has been cancelled until 6am the next morning. The big question is should we go home and come back at 4am or should we stay and sleep at the airport? Lots of passengers are discussing that right now.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment