Monday 28 January 2019

A Toronto Beck Taxi Driver Who Deserves to Be Recognized


Last week, either Thursday or Friday around 4:30pm,  I was doing a load of laundry at our neighborhood  laundromat. Since it was a work day, there were few people there.

An elderly gentleman with many if front teeth missing just finished his laundry and he was not feeling well.  Another customer was there and she asked me if I would call him a taxi on my cell since she did not have cell phone with her.  I did.

I dialed the taxi company's phone number saved on my phone. It was the Beck Taxi Company.  A few minutes later, a Beck Taxi driver arrived. He went up to the elderly man sitting in the laundromat waiting for him. This elderly man did not look too good; he could not walk by himself. Speaking gently to this frail old man, the taxi driver encouraged him, helping him to get on his feet and started walking.  It took a little while as the elderly man was slow and taking his time to do what seemed difficult for him. The taxi driver kept trying and supporting the man gently and patiently. He held out his hands, allowing the customer to put his arm around him. The driver looked after this customer well, with care, patience and compassion.

Unknowing to this driver while he was supporting his elderly customer,  another lady and I were observing this kind act unfolding in front of us quietly from a distance. We were both touched by such excellent customer service. I went out to the taxi and tipped the driver for his excellent service. I told him how much I appreciated his kindness and patience as I would like my elderly mother to be treated the same way if she were in the same situation.

The driver's name was Sufiyon Rashid, Cab No. 147 of Toronto;s Beck Taxi. I was very impressed by him and determined that in the future should I need a taxi in Toronto, I would definitely call the Beck Taxi company.

I also wrote to the taxi company and informed them of the excellent service their driver offered to the company's elderly customer.   This Beck Taxi driver has gone out of his way to do his job well! I feel strongly that good deeds and kindness need to be encouraged and recognized!

R,T,
Toronto



No comments:

Post a Comment