Thursday 10 January 2019

Making and Keeping My New Year Resolutions for 2019

Hiking trail at the Rouge National Urban Park, Toronto 





I felt great today as it was the beginning of a new year, the year 2019!

Instead of sleeping in all day, I was very proud of ourselves as we went hiking at the Rouge National Urban Park, Toronto, in the morning of the very first day of 2019.











A warm winter for Toronto, the hiking trails were clear with no snow.











I am one for making new year resolutions. Many people feel reluctant about making them since they are going to break them anyway.













However, I feel it's important for me to make resolutions at the start of a new year. Even though I may break a few but at least I will try to keep some of them.






















On the other hand if I don't set any goals for myself, 2019 will fly by and I would have achieved nothing when I look back a year from now.





















Therefore, my goals for 2019:

1. Put God first everyday and start my day with prayer and reading God's words










We passed by farmer houses on our hike at the Rouge Urban Park

2. Join a walking club so that I can become more active and keep myself healthy!












Hiking on the first day of 2019 was a great beginning to a new year!







3. Share the good news with my family members and others regularly.














4. Live out my faith in actions - love and be compassionate and show forgiveness to others.

5. Learn a new language

6. Rein in my tongue!



Getting up early and being outside to enjoy God's beautiful creations was a great start to 2019. I will work hard to keep my New Year resolutions alive!



R.T.
Rouge Urban National Park
Ontario
Jan. 1, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment