Thursday 7 December 2017

Good Toys for a Smart Three Year Old Preschooler

I set up three different toys for my little visitor to our house. 


It is always a joy to be around kids and young people! All my life, I have the privilege of working with and be around them.

We are glad to have some of the young ones from church visiting us often.

Last week, it was a treat for us to have Bea over at our house where I got to practise my skills with young children.







These toys entertained the preschooler and kept her busy.


Luckily for me, we always have toys at home for various ages of children.  When they visit us, they will be entertained and not be bored.


I set up three different kinds of toys for this three year old to play:

1. A teaching box with colourful picture flash cards teaching preschoolers numbers from 1 to 10 and the basic colours.

2. An alphabet teaching pad with pictures of animals and letters that respond to the press of a button by the child. When the child presses the right button to the question, a positive verbal response comes out from the pad powered by battery.

3. A box containing large pieces of six colurful animal puzzles.

This three year old enjoyed playing with the animal puzzles the most.

I had no idea which toy would the little three year old girl prefer and this was why I made sure I had a variety of things for her to play.

This smart preschooler liked the alphabet teaching pad as she was amused by the positive verbal responses that accompanied her pressing of the buttons each time.

She tried hard to get the sound repeating again and again. However, she did get frustrated when the sound she expected did not come through.







This smart preschooler enjoyed playing with the good old fashion puzzles the most.  She loved the different animals and the colourful pictures.  She also asked me to help her and play with her. We spent most of our time together on this puzzle.  It could be that this was an interactive game that allowed me to be a part of her play. We had a lot of fun together.

I love shopping for children's clothing and toys. With my new  young visitors coming regularly to our house, it gives me new incentives to look for age appropriate educational and fun toys for them.

It is fun playing with kids. I have also learned that fun toys do not need to be expensive or digital!

R.T.
Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment