Sunday 19 February 2017

How Do You Receive Blessings from God?




Some of my friends and church folks are looking for work. A few people I know no matter how much money they are making, it seems that they would never be able to meet their financial obligations.

Recently, a relative of mime has become anxious because he is experiencing some major change and uncertainty in his life. To encourage people who are experiencing a hard time in their current situation, I always share my personal experience with them.




I have been fortunate all my life as I have rarely been in situations where I did not have enough monetary resources to meet my needs. This was due to the one principle I learned when I was young; I have always lived by that principle all my life.


School closures were common occurrences in the 1970's in Canada
There is one promise I have been claiming all my life since the first day I started teaching.

I graduated from teachers' college during the late 1970's, the worst possible time in the teaching profession and for new teachers looking for work in Canada. Due to declining enrollment at the time,  there was news reported daily about school closures in every region in this country. 



New teachers could hardly find a teaching job except in the cold remote rural areas.

With this promise I learned in Sunday School, I believed (and still believe) that if we are faithful to God, He is faithful, merciful and loving to us. I have been tithing from day one of my working life, and have experienced the abundant blessing that He has given me. 

Out of a class of 52 graduates in my year, only two teachers were able to find a teaching job in Toronto. While many could only get jobs in remote areas and the freezing cold northern Canadian region, I was one of the two new graduates who secured a full time teaching position in Toronto!

Because I honoured God with my tithing and believed in His mighty power, in return, God honoured me with a permanent teaching job in a very desirable city in which to live and teach. 



Throughout my life, I live by the tithing principle. 

I have the luxury of not worrying about where to find a good paying job in my entire life! 







God has opened  numerous doors for me; I have been offered many opportunities to share my expertise and make a very decent living since the 1970's. 

I took early retirement in 2009.  I am living on a pension but our living standard has not been affected. God blesses me with extra income through other interesting projects which I enjoy doing thoroughly.

I hope this precious promise will encourage those who are still searching and looking for things in their lives. Nothing is impossible with God on our side. 

The principle I live by and the promise I claim is from the book of Malachi 3:10 


" Let your tenths come into the store-house so that there may be food in my house, and put me to the test by doing so, says the Lord of armies, and see if I do not make the windows of heaven open and send down such a blessing on you that there is no room for it."


R.T.
Toronto
Canada

Picture credit - Google Images

  



No comments:

Post a Comment