Thursday 2 February 2017

Cuba - A Vintage Car Lover's Paradise


Love those vintage vehicles!



I don't know much about cars. For me, the most important thing about a car is getting me from A to B without any incident.












Anything else about cars does not really interest me. However, I do have a few friends who are nuts about antique cars.










They are everywhere in Cuba!



I remember my first encounter with Doug, who loves car and used to work in a Chrysler plant in a small southern Ontario town.











 I remember vividly that we were strolling down on a street. Every time, when a vehicle went by us, Doug would call out its make and model name accurately without fail.









How many orange cars have you seen 





























Not only could Doug name the make and brand of the car, he could pinpoint exactly what year and which model of each car that drove past us.









His expert knowledge and passion about cars amazed us. No wonder Doug is such an excellent mechanic.


















When we were in Cuba,every tine we saw a beautiful vintage car, we thought of Doug.

How we wish he could be here spending the holiday with us!  He would have loved being in Cuba - a country full of beautiful restored vintage cars.




How many pink car have you seen lately>







In fact many Cubans make a thriving business of taking tourists around to do sightseeing in these vintage vehicles that are rarely seen in North America nowadays.

















I have taken a few pictures of these vintage vehicles while we were in Cuba.  I have no idea what kind, make or year of these cars are.








Tourists can easily hail a yellow cab on the streets of Havana





 But I know when Doug comes to visit us, he will be tickled pink when I show him my pictures.









Not sure what this is called as we saw it for the first time





He will be able to tell me exactly what each car is.








I remembered riding in one of these vehicle when I was a kid .







I know my friend, the car lover, will be all googly eyes when he sees the pictures of my vintage cars from Cuba.

He will think that he has gone to heaven!







We went on a carriage ride in Old Havana too!





We are looking forward to have him share his expert knowledge of cars with us so that I can label each one in my blog!


R.T.
Cuba
Week of Jan 16, 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment