Wednesday 21 December 2016

God Has a Plan for Each One of Us, Including Our Grown Children!

Dec. 19, 2016

I am grateful for being a Canadian and residing in this peaceful country!  We may not be able to escape the constant bombardment of chaos and violence going on in the world and their reporting in the media daily. However, I am learning to seek refuge and take a break from all these horrible news by retreating to my silence/ solitude corner and trying to seek peace and God's presence.

My silence & solitude  corner

I am thankful for my quiet time each day when I can be sitting comfortably and peacefully in my family room, reading the bible and spending time to pray.  The more I read the bible, the more I find strength and comfort in God's word.

As parents, we are always concerned with our children's welfare and their lives.  My spouse and I are very independent people living an active live in Canada. I never thought that I would miss our children too much when they are grown, move away living their own lives. How wrong was I ! I miss them a lot, daily, much more than I have expected. I pray for them everyday, for their physical health and safety, emotional health as well as for their spiritual life. A mother's concern and worry for her children never ends regardless of their age.

This morning, as I sat in my favourite spot and read the scripture of the day, God's wonderful promises lifted me up and comforted me greatly:

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

God's word gives me the assurance that He has a plan for each one of us and that He will look after our children no matter where they are.

I thank God for His promises and for revealing this particular promise to me this morning!

R.T.
Toronto


"

No comments:

Post a Comment