Saturday 6 December 2014

Staying at the Regal Airport Hotel, Hong Kong

Entrance - the Regal Airport Hotel, Hong Kong

I was glad that Jacob, my travel agent in Toronto booked me into the Regal Airport Hotel for a night as I needed to catch a connecting flight in Hong Kong to Canada the next day.

I cannot imagine staying at a hotel with a better location than the Regal Airport Hotel as it is connected to the Hong Kong International Airport via a walkway. Since I was traveling alone with a few pieces of luggage, I was worried initially about the hassle of getting to and from the airport.

Free coffee and cookies to welcome hotel guests
I was delighted to find out I did not even have to get out of the airport at all. No line up, no taxi cab necessary! Pushing my language from the arrival area and walking only for a few minutes, I arrived at the main reception area of the hotel!

Within about fifteen minutes of my arrival to Hong Kong,  I was checked in, my luggage looked after and I was free to roam around the shops in the hotel and at the Hong Kong Airport.

 The Regal Airport Hotel is a beautiful  luxurious place. The day when I arrived at the hotel, there were free coffee and Christmas cookies set out elegantly in the lobby and outside its restaurants to welcome arriving guests.  What a nice thoughtful gesture!


A  spacious lobby with comfy chairs for guests to relax


It has a spacious lobby furnished with  comfortable sofa chairs.

Guests could relax, read or text in the lobby or they could choose to dine in one of the three restaurants located on the first two floors serving Japanese, Chinese food or enjoy drinks and musical entertainment in a bar/ lounge.

Guests could dine in one of the three restaurants at the Regal Airport Hotel










If I wanted to, I could have spent the whole evening or the next day  relaxing at the hotel, enjoying all the facilities and services before boarding the flight home.




I waited for the free shuttle bus outside the hotel



 There was a free shuttle bus taking hotel guests to the City Gate Plaza, about 8 minute car ride away. The shuttle bus came every half an hour.

Desperate to walk around and get some exercises, I took the hotel shuttle and visited the mall.

I took the hotel shuttle to the plaza - an 8 minute ride








What a disappointment it was for me!!! All the shops at this mall are huge American or European brand name stores selling  overly priced merchandize. 

The Citygate Outlets Mall is a beautiful mall












 I know Hong Kong makes beautiful fashionable items such as clothes, purses and accessories.

I was hoping to buy some locally made quality things during my visit this time.










Stores are catered mainly to tourists only








The City Gate Mall is a beautiful mall!
Unfortunately, the City Gate shopping mall appears to cater to tourists with deep pockets with a taste for foreign famous brands. That was too bad for tourists like me looking for reasonable priced authentic items made in Hong Kong.

Comfortable and nicely appointed room at the |Regal Hotel

I boarded the last shuttle bus  from the mall and went back to the Regal Airport Hotel.














Exhausted, I was glad that I had a clean comfortable room where I could rest my head, have a good night sleep and be refreshed for my journey home the next day! 


R.T.
Regal Airport Hotel
Hong Kong
Dec. 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment