Saturday 6 December 2014

Mailing my Parcel at the Hong Kong International Airport



After spending a month in Cambodia, I left Phnom Penh stopping in Hong Kong to catch my connecting flight back to Canada.
The two hour flight from Phnom Penh was uneventful.  In fact it flew by before I even realized it. I love flying on Cathy Pacific – the crew all dressed impeccably, very warm and polite. Plus, the airline always feeds you!  I didn’t expect  to get a full lunch served on a two hour flight but we did and I enjoyed it!
Tourists receive a lot of helpful information at the HK Tourism Board



The plane landed in the Hong Kong International Airport.  Within minutes after   going through the Hong Kong custom, I was able to pick up my two pieces of luggage without any difficulty at all. Wow!  That was efficient!





I had my questions answered by polite staff at the Hotel reservation Centre


I was supposed to mail a document to Korea when I was in Cambodia. But my Cambodian friends suggested that I should do the mailing in Hong Kong as it would be much cheaper and more reliable. 
I was glad I listened to my  friend’s suggestion. 

When I inquired about hotel and mailing information at the Hong Kong Hotel Association booth, I found the staff very  helpful and friendly.
 

 I mailed my important document at the HK Airport Post Office
 
The nice people at the booth directed me to the Hong Kong Airport Post Office located on the 7th floor of Terminal 1.

 The gentlemen working at the Post Office also assisted me with my questions,  advising me what to do, lending me their scissors, glue stick and helping me to have my document delivered at the fastest,  most reliable and economical way.

  

It only took me a short while after landing in HK,  cost me less than U.S.$20.00 to send my important letter via HK ‘s Speed Post to South Korea.  If I had done it in Cambodia, I would have spent hours fighting  my way in the traffic congestion, cost more than US $60- 80.00 without knowing when the mail would be delivered.
A great place to shop and feed your hunger, the Hong Kong International Airport is a modern, clean, and convenient place which also provides excellent services  to travelers. 

Its staff is friendly, always ready to answer questions and assist tourists.  E.g.  I mailed my document, had my watch fixed, exchanged my travelers cheques to cash, did some Christmas shopping for my family and walked to check in at the Regal Airport Hotel, all within two hours and without leaving the Hong Kong Airport building! 
Regal Airport Hotel, Hong Kong
After staying in a hot country for a month,  I love being in Hong Kong!  The temperature was  a comfortable 16 degree C.  It felt so good to be wearing my winter clothes and without being drenched in my own sweat  constantly!
I missed my husband already!  Walking by the hotel lounge and hearing the sound of jazz music  playing, I immediately thought of my dear husband and wished that he was here to enjoy this as he is a great jazz fan. 

Another 30 hours, I would be home to see him! Praise God!

R.T.
Hong Kong International Airport
Hong Kong
Dec,. 2014

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it was quite a nice share. I truly liked reading your experience with parcel delivery. We too have started new online business and for storing our products we need a good warehousing service Dallas so that we can sort out all the storing needs and can order more products in the bulk.

    ReplyDelete