Friday 8 February 2013

In the Midst of a Serious Snow Storm in Toronto

My Car Stuck on the Driveway today
It has been snowing really heavily since last night! We have over 23 cm of snow in a day. I did not go anywhere today. I am still in my nice warm housecoat since this morning. Why bother changing into regular clothes as I would not be going anywhere today?

My car is stuck in our drive way. The snow is so high that I would not be able to drive it out on the road. So I decided to just stay in our house today instead of going out.



Glad I was Inside today instead of driving in the snow storm!

I made myself some coffee and warm toasts. Sitting in front of the living room window and looking out, I saw a beautiful winter wonderland picture:

Everything is covered in clean white snow including the bird houses, tree stumps in my garden to trees, branches and benches to the few cars moving slowly on the street, while snow flakes dancing around and winds whirling. I love it!


Our Bird Houses Blanketed with Snow



With a cup of hot coffee warming my hands, a beautiful winter scenery outside, and my laptop computer, I am enjoying the quietness and beauty of a Canadian winter in the middle of February!

While I am singing and enjoying this beautiful scenery, I thought to myself that I sure am glad that I am not the one driving on the roads or traveling anywhere by plane because it has been messy on the roads, traffic congestion everywhere with some major exits blocked on the highway.

A Picture of Calm and Tranquility - from My Perspective
It has been more than five years since southern Ontario has seen so much snow. Many school buses cancelled and go buses delayed. Some schools have been closed and there have been flight and bus cancellations.

Ontario, along with other places in the U.S.: New York, New Jersey and Maine are in the path of this snow blizzard. It has been a travesty walking or driving on the roads. The temperature currently is - 11degree, with winter snow storm warning and very low visibility.

Enjoying the Winter Wonderland Scene from Our Living Room Window

This tranquil snow scenery I am admiring from my living room window contrasts sharply with the road conditions elsewhere which makes me realize one thing: We all have different perspectives on what happens in life from where we are. What I see is a beautiful winter wonderland picture from the warmth and comfort of my home is a nightmare for travelers, drivers and passengers out on the roads. I thank God for reminding me that next time when I hear people complaining about certain things which I don't agree with, I need to take time and see things from their perspectives  because what I think is wonderful could be really ugly and miserable for others.

R.T. Toronto, Canada
In the middle of a severe snow storm





No comments:

Post a Comment