Thursday 21 February 2013

Exercising at the Gym but Forgot to Eat Breakfast

I was so darn busy this morning! I am leading a retirement life but I am as busy as ever. In order to keep up with my computer skills and my mind sharp, I took up a consultant job at one of the high tech companies and with the agreement that I only work there one day a week. However, this is enough to keep me hopping around as I have also agreed to work more hours when the company needs me in special situations.

This morning, I rushed to the company for a meeting and did not have time for breakfast. I realized that was not good for me as I was going to a session with Joyce at 11:30am. Instead of cancelling the training session, I told Joyce, my personal trainer, that I would not be able to do strenuous exercises such as weight lifting as I did not eat much breakfast except for a cup of coffee with sugar and a glass of orange juice.

A pro is a pro!!! Joyce did not get upset at me, she understood my busy schedule and considered my physical condition and came up with an alternative group of exercises for me so that I would not waste my time coming to the gym. ( Neither did she want to see me fainting from low blood sugar while doing my training!)

I enjoyed these exercises and they were effective in reducing the pain in my hamstrings. Today's exercises included:



1. Body weight squat- 12 times, a warm up exercise, no problem   for me!





Mid hang Clean Press
2. Mid hang clean press - This was a new exercise for me and it took me sometime to get the sequences of this exercise. It is an excellent exercise as it combines three exercises into one:

The squat, weight lifting and and hand and grip strength

I like this exercise as I could feel I am gaining strength in my hands!






3. Step up
4. Step up with weight ( 15 lb dumb bell) on my shoulders


Getting Ready for the V Boat Pose





V Boat

5. V Boat - The V Boat works your core and lower back.
It looked easy but when I tried it, I could only hold my body in this pose for a maximum of 48 seconds. I hope to improve in this exercise.








Froggie Leaps
 6. Froggie leaps - This is a cardio exercise and I could really feel it after I did my first set of 10 times.

I finished my previous year's training sessions and because they helped me so much in building up my strength and reducing pains that I have just signed up for another year of training with a personal trainer. Joyce L. really rocks! She is the best trainer anyone could have from the Goodlife Gym!

Thanks, Joyce for motivating me and keep me on track in my fitness program and keeping me healthy!!!

Retired Boomer, Toronto
February 20, 2013
p.s. All Pictures in this entry are from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment