Wednesday 21 November 2012

Speaking at a Khmer Sunday Service

Sharing at the Grace Church Young People's Fellowship, Phnom Phen
What a great day!


I have been invited to speak by various community organizations and churches before. But I have never been invited to speak three times on the same day until today.
I was privileged to have been invited to share messages at the services and fellowship at Grace Church in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.





I shared a message from the bible at the nine a.m. Sunday morning service as well as in the fellowship that followed, plus at the Khmer Service in the afternoon.Khmer is the language spoken by the Cambodia people.

The Khmer Service Started with Songs and Worship


Shortly before three p.m. in the afternoon, I arrived at the chapel for the Khmer service.

There were a few people there. I was enjoying the worship team’s rehearsal when a lady sat beside me and asked me to pray for her.

She told me about her nephew’s illness. Her heart ached for this sick little boy. As we prayed together, she poured out her heart and sadness to God – her compassion and  her love for this boy was evident in her earnest tearful prayer.



Timothy, Pastor of the Khmer Service


We held hands, prayed and lay down our burdens to Jesus and asked for grace and mercy.  Soon after our prayers,
 the service started with a time of songs and worship in Khmer. It was beautiful supplications in songs.  Timothy, the leader of the worship team led the congregation to worship in songs.

 Though I could not understand the Khmer language and  when I shared my message, I had to rely on an interpreter, I found the Khmer Service an inspiring and touching one because of the genuine, open expressions and the trust the congregation placed in God.

It does not matter where we are or what language we speak, God is there when we worship Him, ready to listen to our prayers and be there for us!

R.T. Grace Church
Phnom Phen, Cambodia
Nov. 18, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment