Friday 9 November 2012

Hello Cambodia!

One of the Finest Dining Areas at Airports - Hong Kong Airport




After a fifteen hour flight across the Pacific, a wait of two hours at the Hong Kong International Airport for a 2 hour transfer flight on the Dragonair, I arrived at Phnom Penh, Cambodia safely!









Ikea Coffee Tables with Artistic Touches - HK Airport
This was the first time I traveled solo for an overseas trip. I have been fortunate that I have always have travel companions, either my wonderful husband or friends from various organizations. I have a special job to do on this trip - providing teacher training and support to a school in Cambodia.
Arrived Safely at the Phnom Penh International Airport

Carol, Mark, her husband and another fellow came and picked me up at the airport. After having lunch at a local restaurant and feasting on fresh seafood, I was introduced to the school staff and given a very warm reception. Carol told me that the staff had been expecting me for sometime and they looked forward to the professional development and training they would receive.

I started an informal assessment in the late afternoon and was able to have a one on one conversation with  a number of teachers at the school, which gave me a rough idea of what kind of training programs would best meet the needs of the staff.

A great night of sleep!

R.T. November 8, 3012
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

1 comment: