Sunday 15 January 2017

A Relaxing Reading Day in Cuba



Day 3 – Cuba
It was a relaxing day as we have planned to stay at the resort to relax rather than sightseeing for the day.
The breakfast buffet was good with a good selection of fresh tropical fruits and freshly made juices.

Our favourites are the papaya juice and the guava juice. We enjoy the fresh, ripe sweet taste of the tropical fruits a lot here. We can buy papayas in Canada, but they are not ripe and sweet like the ones here in Cuba.





This morning we enjoyed the delicious soft cheese sliced off from the two big cheese rounds ourselves.






 






After lunch, we went to relax and did some reading at the café by the ocean. The weather was beautiful hovering around 20 degrees C. 







 


With the ocean breezes caressing my face and the sound of the waves soothing my mind, I felt asleep on the lounge. It was a good nap!


Relaxing and napping by the pool 







There are two free dance lessons daily at the resort






 I  was refreshed after the nap and got some reading done for my assignments. 










There are two daily dance lessons offered at the resort.  

I have been taking advantage of this free lessons and learning how to do salsa and meringue! 






We learned how to do salsa, meringue. It was really fun!







I love it and have made a few friends at the same time at the dance lessons.




I wanted to post my blogs on the internet but I ran into a lot of problem signing onto the internet in the hotel. 

There is no wifi in our room which North American travelers take for granted in our travel.


In the resort where we are staying , guests have to go to the main lobby and use one of the two computers  there.  

For two Cuban pesos, a hotel guest can buy a card for an hour and twenty minutes of  internet service.  Because of the connection and language problem, it took me more than forty minutes before I was connected to my email account. 


However, I managed to get caught up and posted a few blog entries in the last twenty minutes of the time left on my internet card.

 As I am writing this blog now, I have been interrupted by two power outages with each lasted for less about a couple of minutes. The hotel did a good job recovering from the power outages.


R.T.
A Resort Hotel Outside Havana
Cuba


No comments:

Post a Comment