Sunday 20 December 2015

Having a lot of Fun While Training Principals for TECA in Toronto!

There is no other job better than being a teacher!!!


There are no other jobs I would rather do than teaching!

I always have so much fun teaching that it never seems like working while I am standing in front of the classroom.







Though I retired formally from my school a few years ago, I formed a company called TECA - Toronto Education and Communications Associates to provide training to teachers, vice principals and principals. Since TECA was formed,  have been busy with assignments and invitations to train and teach  in the field of education.

 I enjoyed my work as a school administrator tremendously. However, it was a highly stressful job dealing with the demands of numerous unionized staff members such as teachers, teaching assistants, secretarial staff, caretaking personnel, other supporting staff and parents on a daily basis.
Discussions on  educational issues


One of the advantages of being retired is that I do not have the responsibilities of running the whole school.

Instead I can focus on the one thing which I am absolutely passionate about - teaching and sharing my experience with other educators!






The Chinese principals practising the brain storm method for ideas


I have been privileged to have the opportunity of working with many visiting educators and school administrators for the past few years. However, I never had so much fun as I did with the last group of visiting educators from China!





Chinese principals presenting and sharing ideas with other course participants


This group was consisted of high school English teachers, aspiring leaders, vice principals, principals and education officials.

They were enthusiastic, energetic, very curious and had many interesting questions about the educational system in Canada.




Comparing the educational systems




We had really good discussions and I tried to model as many as possible the interactive teaching strategies employed here in my lectures.







We had so much fun!  In my last lecture to them, I used a real life story of  Dr. T. Stoddard from Iowa, U.S.A.-  his mother died when he was very young and affected his learning thereafter in school. Because of the loving care of a teacher, he blossomed and kept going in his study.

Teddy kept writing to his elementary school teacher over the years. He was able to finish high school and finally became a doctor. He was engaged and invited his favourite teacher to attend and sit at his parent's place on his wedding day!

Sharing a special moment with the ladies in our group

It was a very touching story and brought many of my course participants to tears.

After the Closing Ceremony, we took pictures, exchanged goodbyes and shared some happy memories of the past two weeks and some special moments.




Closing Ceremony on the last day of the leadership course
It is my sincere hope that the visiting educators would be inspired, be able to take back to their home country some of what they have seen and learned here in Canada for the past couple of weeks!

R.T.
Director
TECA - Toronto Education Communications Associates

Nov.- Dec. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment