Thursday 2 January 2014

Good Chinese Food in Collingwood, Ontario

One of the pleasures of travel is enjoying the good food offered by the local restaurants of the city we are visiting. Since I am retired and living on a fixed income, I am also watching my budget but this does not necessary mean that I can't enjoy delicious food.






We visited downtown Collingwood a few days ago and had some tasty Chinese food at Panda, one of the  restaurants that offer Asian dishes.













Though 98 Super Panda is not a fancy place for a romantic evening dinner, it is bright, cheerfully decorated - a good and very affordable diner for lunches and take out food when one is not in the mood to slave over a stove.



The menu offers a good selection of dishes and what I like most about it is the section for healthy, low fat and low salt dishes. Since my mother is a diabetic and she loves Asian food, I am always on the lookout for delicious dishes which she could enjoy without worrying about her sugar and cholesterol level.

General Tao's chicken & Sweet & Sour Chicken


My favourite dish from the Panda Restaurant is the General Tao Chicken. I have eaten the same dish at many Chinese restaurants, but Panda topped it for me. We enjoyed the first order so much that we placed another order to take out but could not wait but finished it before we took it back to our hotel!

R.T.
Collingwood, Ontario


No comments:

Post a Comment