Sunday 12 January 2014

New Year Resolutions - 2014

2014! Another new year is upon us! Whenever there is the beginning of a new year, I would like to make up some New Year Resolutions for myself.  Hopefully, these resolutions will become the goals for the year translating into a motivational force for me. Keeping these goals in mind, I will work hard to achieve them throughout the year.

I know many people sneer at the idea of making New Year Resolutions saying that people who make them will break them within a week's  time.

Yes, it' is true that most of us are not good at keeping our new year resolutions. However, I find that the exercise of thinking about them kinda help me to think about what I want to do for the year. I usually set my goals high, so if I don't reach them at least I would be half way there!

There are three areas I would like to improve this year:

1. Spiritual Growth - I would like to study more about the bible. Getting to bed earlier and reading more Christian related books would be one of my goals for 2014.

I aim to enrol in a course this year to learn more about the bible and in the area of evangelism as well as learning how to share the gospel message with family members and non believers through beautiful modern hymns..

2. Personal Growth - I would like to strength my relationships with my family, close friends and to break out of my comfort zone and build relationships and connections with whom I currently do not have one.

3. Physical / Professional Growth - Since I did reach my professional goals when I was working, I do not need to aim for any promotion or big breakthrough in my career. However, I do need to grow continuously in order to challenge myself.

I hope to improve my Spanish so that I would be more effective in future ministry work in Central American countries.
I would like to be consistently involved in my weekly physical fitness classes and programs. Aiming for 3-4 classes a week and if I can achieve that I would be very proud of myself!
Cooking and eating more healthy food and eating out less. I will try to cook at least five dinners a week!

On  New Year's eve or around the same time next year, I will revisit this entry to see how many goals I have achieved for 2014!

R.T.
Toronto




No comments:

Post a Comment