Sunday 16 June 2013

A Touching Moment on Fathers’ Day



A Touching Moment on  Fathers’ Day 

It is well known that church attendance in North America and in many part of the world has been declining consistently for the past few decades. Whenever we travel to different cities in both the U.S. and Canada, we often attend the Sunday Service in the local churches. It saddens us to see huge beautiful churches but with only thirty to fifty elderly people attending the Sunday Service.
I often ponder about North Americans’ lack of interest and enthusiasm about going to churches. Maybe people  are too busy;  they don’t see the needs in their lives; or they don’t think church is relevant in their lives anymore.

How I wish they had come to our church - TCCC today!  Today is Fathers’ Day and our pastor gave a relevant and positive message to all people especially fathers. He talked about how much stress and pressure parents put upon themselves because they longed for their children to become somebody special and professional. He asked us to be forgiving of our fathers’ mistakes as fathers could not be perfect nor could we ever be perfect parents ourselves.

The most touching part of the service came at the end when our pastor asked all the fathers and grandfathers in the congregation to stand up. Then he talked about the importance of the fathers being recognized, supported and loved at homes by their wives.
The pastor asked all the wives sitting beside their husbands to stand up, each gave their husbands a pat on their back to recognize their contribution then place their hands on their husbands and started praying for them. 

What a wonderful thing this was for all the wives to do for their husbands! As I was praying for mine, tears streamed down my face as I thanked God for him and to bless him.  Why didn’t I do that more often? Praying for my husband – laying my hand on him and praising God for him. My spouse has been my constant companion for the past 37 years, supporting me and loving me all these years! This has been a great blessing from God!

I wish all ministers could make use of their Sunday sermons and help believers to translate bible principles into practical use in our daily living.  It was a truly memorable moment for many couples on this Fathers’ Day morning. Thanks, Rev. Ng, for giving us this opportunity to reflect and pray for our husbands.

Thank you, God, for giving me a wonderful  man in my life! 

R.T.
Toronto

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't hold my tears when I read at"Praying for my husband ". Why don't I know God loves my husband so much. I should love him the same as God does.

    ReplyDelete