Monday 24 June 2013

God Answers Our Prayers!!!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

I was very busy last week as I was teaching the leadership course for visiting educators from overseas. I didn't have much time checking my emails nor doing my morning devotion as I rushed out to work at the west end of the city.

I got up this morning, remembered to say my prayers for my church, others as well as my loved ones. I was privileged to have privacy in my own home so I could pour my heart out to God like Hannah did in front of God. I had a good cry, emptied out my worries and laid down my burdens while on my knees. I felt so much better!!

Downstairs I went and checked my emails after my prayer. I opened my email and there staring in my face was an email from my son, titled " Updated job offer letter".  With my heart pounding and my breathing quickening, I skimmed over the letter. A job offer letter to our son who signed back accepting the offer from a company he wanted to work for in San Fransisco!!!

Praise God!!!  I went into the living room, dropped on my knees and thanked Him for answering my prayers. I was overwhelmed with so many emotions: happiness, relief, gratitude, thankfulness, a sense of awe for God,  pride for my son and sharing of his joy at finding a job he would truly enjoy doing. Months of worries vanished and lifted off my shoulders at that moment.

Who am I? But a speck of dust on this earth yet the creator of the universe cares about me, hears, answers my prayers and bestows His blessings upon me and my loved ones! How can I not praise God and thank Him for His faithfulness, mercy and love! I felt God's embrace and love surrounding me from head to toes. I cried out in joy for my son and praised God. Tears of happiness kept running down on my face washing away the dark clouds of doubts in my mind.

I planned to call Er. this morning not knowing that he already had a job offer. I called him immediately and congratulated him. Er sounded very happy about his new job and was already planning his move to San Fransisco. He asked us to go to New York to visit him before his move out west. I gladly accepted the invitation.  Though he got this offer on the thirteen of June, he did not call us right away. Neither did he share this good news on Fathers' Day last week. He said Fathers' Day was about his dad, not him, so he did not want to tell us. How he could manage to keep this exciting news from us for almost ten days was beyond me.  What made it more exciting was that his company would send him to Japan for training for a month and he offered to pay for our tickets to go to Japan to visit him!!

Wow! That was Er's Mothers /Fathers' gift for us! What a great gift indeed!

Retired Boomer,  Toronto
I went to church and told my husband Er's good news and he was absolutely delighted about it!!! I wish we were home so that we could both be jumping for joy



.

No comments:

Post a Comment