Saturday 20 October 2012

How to Lose inches on My Waist - Fat Burning Mini Circuits

I just loved the time we spent walking in Europe and the great feeling I had from all those exercises. In order to maintain that feeling of being fit,  I have been going to my personal trainer three times a week for the last month since we came back from our trip.  Joyce, my personal trainer measured me today after my exercise program.

Great news!  - I lost inches everywhere!  I especially love the three inches lost on my waist. My clothes fit me much better than before. I was going to give away many of my fancy clothes to Sally Anne's. However, I can fit into them now therefore, I plan to  keep them for a little longer. Funny though,  I did not lose any weight!  How could that be?  My trainer told me not to worry about my weight because I am starting to build muscles which are heavier than body fat. What the heck!  As long as I am losing inches, who cares?

This afternoon, I had coffee with my girl friend with whom I had not met up for two months. She was surprised at how nice I looked with my short black leather jacket and tapered pants. " You lost a lot of weight! You look fantastic!" She exclaimed as soons as she saw me. Wow! I have not received compliments like these for quite a while.

These exercises work for me. I am writing then down so that I could recall them and do them on my own after my paid training sessions which are not cheap at all.

A lot of people don`t enjoy doing exercises, neither do I. But as my personal trainer designs different circuits for me, I find that exercising becomes less boring and easier for me to continue.  The following circuits might help other people like me who are trying to improve their cardio and tighten up their bellies a little.

The mini circuits I did today consisted of the following:

 Warm up - lurching with body wt. only - 3 gym length

1. Lurching while locking out with weight above head -  2x gym length
2. Step up carrying wt on both hands - 12x
3. Skip 50 times

For each circuit, Joyce always insisted that I do them three times in a row. But I found lurching with weight above my head was a little difficult without rest in between.I needed to rest and catch my breath half way through the lurches. Lurching may look easy to other people, but if you do them properly with your back up and your leg bending at 90 degree, iplus with weight, that could be challenging.

 I also did the following circuit 3X and I was given 4 minutes to finish this circuit. I was able to complete it  3x in a little more than 10 minutes, less than the time allowed.

1. Mock Beep ( Interval Running)
2. Riser Jump - 5 to 6 risers high, 12X each
3. Skipping - 50X


Another mini circuit which I enjoyed doing today was:

1. Rowing for 200 meters on the rowing machine
2. Body weight squat - 12X

I did the above 3X consecutively. After I finished this training session with Joyce, I was totally exhausted and did not have the energy to join the Body Attack class afterwards.


R.T. Toronto
Oct. 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment