Saturday 6 October 2012

A Circuit of Cardio Exercises to Burn Body Fat

I have learned a new term today:  Circuit - a group of exercises

I have been going to a fitness program at the gym for the past few months for two to three times a week. I just finsihed the fountation program and now am starting the cardio portion of the program.
Watching TV makes running on the treadmill easier

Joyce, my personal trainer, had me do the following circuit today:

1. Running on the treadmill for .20 mile
2. Rowing on the rowing machine for 250 meters
3. Skipping with a Skipping Rope  - 100 times
4. Stepping up onto a box - 12 times

Joyce planned this circuit for me and after the warm up I was supposed to finish this entire group of cardio exercises 3x within 12 minutes

Rowing for 250 meters is not too bad for me!
I tried my best, learning to breathe properly and performing these exercises with proper form which according to Joyce is extremely important. I concurred because of my personal experience with sports injury. Unfortunately, a lot of people do not realize when doing exercises, especially when training with weight and building strength,  improper form, i.e. how you lift up the weight, how and how far apart you stand, whether you are pushing down with your toes, or heels, where you rest the weight etc could easily cause injury if  you have not been instructed properly. I know a few young people injured themselves due to lack of professional training prior to starting their weight lifting training.


Skipping 100x after the first two exercises, not easy!


I signed up for a personal trainer at the Steeles Ave. and Victoria Park Goodlife Gym since last April. I must admit that it was not cheap, but my personal trainer has motivated and helped me to do exercises that I would never be able to do on my own.






Stepping onto the box is OK for me too
Yesterday, she did a body fat and other measurement for me.  We were both delighted to find out from the measurements indicating that since the time I signed up for fitness training, I have lost a good percentage of body fat which is now in the average range. Way to to!!!

Being motivated and going to my exercise program consistently,  I know I will achieve my fitness goals and be able to feel great, look awesome,  and able to open my own bottles and cans as I did in my younger days!

Keep up your exercise and all the best in your fitness goals!

R.T. Toronto, Canada
Oct. 5, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment