Thursday 5 July 2012

Charlottetown - a Photographer's Delight


Beautiful coastal weather and gorgeous blue sky , PEI !




Victoria Park - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

As my three week writing holiday coming to an end, I feel sad and elated at the same time.
 

I am sad because I am leaving this beautiful culturally rich and caring city but happy that I am going to my warm and comfortable home in Toronto.


Horse carriages in front of the Province House








I have fallen hopelessly in love with this Maritime island! It has so much to offer: its beauty, the friendly people and rich culture.









The Province House






In addition to experiencing and learning about what life is like in Charlottetown, PEI, I have learned much about this historic city where Canada's confederation idea was born.










During the summer months, it is not unusual to see costumed characters, ladies in their beautiful dresses and men in their formal wear of  years past, strolling on the historic street of Charlottetown .

They exchange conversations with tourists and speak as if they lived during the time of John A. McDonald.

These costumed actors make interesting subjects for pictures taking.









I have had the added benefit of taking in some breathtaking scenery and making some friends in this compassionate and caring community.




Waterfront, Charlottetown






Waterfront boardwalk, Charlottetown
 I like my visit to the east coast so much that I am going to make it a tradition to visit the maritime provinces every year.  will do what I did in Charlottetown, enjoying and writing about my visit and experience.

I took a lot of nice pictures and here are some of my favorite shots of the buildings and scenery in Charlottetown:

Downtown street, Charlottetown, PEI


Victoria Row at night








There are many historic buildings and houses in Charlottetown and they have been lovingly preserved and beautifully landscaped.












I love looking at the details on the windows and porches of the PEI houses.



















A house with white picket fence!
How cute is that!













A warm welcoming porch beckoning visitors to come and rest in the inn.
















 I took lots of photos of these colourful window boxes from Canada's east coast.







Here are just a few of them.

Enjoy!











In the past few weeks, it was delightful to simply stroll around Charlottetown with my camera.




Each day I could always come across something beautiful around me whether it is the flowers, the houses or the people.












I admire the creativity, the thoughts and energy  Maritimers put forth in preserving and enhancing the natural beauty of their island.









Whether the house is big or it could be a humble abode, the people of PEI are proud of their houses.









Their pride and joy in being a part of the island is evident and reflected in their beautiful city.

I am glad that I chose Charlottetown as the destination for my writing holiday. I have had a peaceful, productive and unforgettable holiday!

I will definitely miss this beautiful city and its people!

R.T.
Sad to be leaving this beautiful city!
Charlottetown
PEI, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment