Sunday 4 September 2022

Good Bye, Mama; Sorry I Was Not There.



God has given me the opportunity of working with young people in Toronto and Waterloo for the past 25 years. 








 I was able to run the vacation bible school - VBS every summer until Covid hit. God has indeed blessed me and my family abundantly; I am only giving back a little of what he has given me. 

For example, nobody in my school thought that I could become a public school principal in Canada. But with God, nothing is impossible. He guided me step by step so that I could achieve my lifelong goal.







 From then on, I vowed to God that I would serve Him to the best of my ability.









My mom had been ill since last October and her condition got worse. 

















God gave me the opportunity to be with my mom in her last days. 














We expected her end would be any time. But little did I know that day would coincide with one of the most important VBS dates. 








For the past few months, the VBS Reunion Planning Committee had been planning and working hard. Members were very excited to meet the past leaders.  The gathering was scheduled to start at 1p.m. in Waterloo Park on August 13, 2022. 


We drove to Waterloo on Friday, the day before the reunion gathering. We arrived in the morning trying to get set up and everything ready for the 1 0'clock gathering .  At 12:53p.m., a few minutes before I officially started the meeting, I received the news
from my sister by phone about my mother’s passing. I was very sad and I wanted to have a really good cry. 



But I could not let the young people down as many of them were coming, some from out of town.  Suppressing my emotion and holding my tears back, with God’s grace, I was determined to carry on with the meeting. I thanked God for giving me the strength and with the leaders’ help, we were able to run the meeting smoothly to the end.

God taught me a lesson that day: there will always be setbacks in our lives. We are weak and cannot depend on ourselves. But with God, everything is possible. God is our rock and our refuge. In the seas of life, we can always depend on Him to overcome the storms.


Mom, we love you; you will always be in our hearts




R.T. Toronto

 08 13, 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment