Wednesday 19 August 2020

Celebrating My Birthday During COVID 19 in Galt, Ontario

Recently, we visited Galt, Ontario

We were out of town for the past few days supervising some renovation work in the KW region. However, it was an exciting morning!

Shortly after 9 a.m., I received a phone call from Herb and Raj from Toronto with both of them singing happy birthday from the top of their lungs on the phone to me. Then a few moments later, another long distance phone call  came from D. who has been calling me every year on my birthday and wishing me the best.



My church friends and I had a joint birthday party last year.


A few moments later, I checked my text messages, Nora and my friends from the TS sent me some beautiful pictures of the joint birthday party we had last year congratulating me and reminding me of the fun we had at the party.










Only a few restaurants were open with early closing hours in Galt.
I was on cloud nine! It is not easy having a good friend or a family member remembering your birthday, let alone four long time faithful friends sending me birthday wishes from out of town. I was really touched by my friends' love. I need to remember and do the same for them on their birthday!

Beautiful well kept  historical buildings in downtown Galt, Ontario










Since the KW region is in the Stage 3 of the reopening phase, people are allowed to dine outside at the restaurants while Toronto is still in Stage 2 when no restaurants are allowed to be opened yet.











However, many restaurants still choose not to open completely doing only take out orders. Some with patios are open but they close early at around 7 or 8 p.m. It took us a little while to find a place where we could enjoy my birthday dinner.

Water Street, Downtown Galt, Ontario



In fact we drove all the way to Galt and found a small restaurant in the main street downtown area.
We were the only 2 people dining on the  downtown restaurant patio. in Galt






It felt weird that we were the only two people dining outside. With tables covered with table clothes, a patio umbrella shielding us from the setting sun, the scenery was calm and quaint.








The dinner was delicious, a treat for us! We had not gone out for dinner since the pandemic. It felt good to have some kind of normalcy back in our lives.

The owner/chef found out that it was my birthday dinner and he cooked a birthday noodle dish for me for free. The restaurant business has been hit hard and I wouldn't let him lose money on his customers, so I insisted on paying for it.









We strolled along on Main Street after dinner to enjoy the early evening scenery.






Grand River, Galt, Ontario, Canada

Galt is a city of about 130,000 people.
Galt, a city of about 130,000 people, is a beautiful town with the Grand River running through the middle of it.

The sun was setting; it was peaceful with a feeling of a small European town.

A few people were sitting by the edge of the water enjoying the sunset.


My birthday dinner in Galt during the pandemic was unlike anyone we had before.


Yes, there are still celebrations which we can do during this challenging time.


A Sunset scene in Galt, Ontario, Canada


My 2020 birthday dinner was a memorable one! As we drove back to our house, we saw God's handiwork in the universe - an absolutely spectacular beautiful sunset!

We are grateful to God for keeping and protecting all my family. He is faithful and full of mercy!
I thank God on my birthday for all the blessings He has bestowed on us!

R.T.
Galt, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment