Monday 27 January 2020

Learning to Ride a Scooter for the First Time , SF

 Our stay in SF was coming to an end. It was't a long vacation at all.
Today was the last day we could spend time with our family member.
He was very considerate as he would leave SF for New York a day ahead of us, he wanted to make sure that we would know our way around the city for our last day.

E. took us out walking around the neighborhood showing us the way to downtown and making sure we knew where the train stations were etc.

Scooters are available for rent in many places in SF 
I found that SF is much easier to get around than many other big cities in the U.S., for instance,  the subway system is well developed here. Visitors can easily take the bus or train into the city of SF without having to pay a hefty taxi fare.  Besides the trains and public buses, people can take UBER, ride their bikes or scooters around town.

We saw scooters locked to street poles available for rental in SF.




My first time riding on a scooter!


Never been on a scooter, I wanted to try my feet on one.  Using his credit card to rent one, E. unlocked a scooter attached to a street pole easily and demonstrated to us how to ride on it.

I learned how to skate, ice dance, cross country ski and downhill ski not when I was a child but during my early adult years.

Older, not as agile as before, I could really feel the difference this time. Our son was good, he showed us how to do it. Shaky at the beginning, I finally got it!!!

A new and exciting experience for me while vacationing in SF!

R.T.
SF, USA
Day 9






No comments:

Post a Comment