Saturday 4 January 2020

Preparing An Effective Natural Remedy for My Husband's Nasty Cough in SF


We spent a week and half  in San Francisco during Christmas. However, my husband started coughing since the day we landed in the U.S.and it was getting worse. It got bad especially at night, consequently,  both he and I  were not getting much sleep for a few nights during our vacation.

Ginger is great for curing coughs
I have always known that freshly made ginger tea and honey is a good natural remedy for coughs. However,  we were staying in a hotel without cooking facilities, I could not do anything for him.
We went to the pharmacy store and bought some cough drops but they didn't do anything for my husband's cough.

Start with boiling between 4-6 cups of water.
After  moving  into E.'s apartment and following my mother's  recipe,   I made a fresh pot of ginger tea each day  and encouraged my husband to drink as much as he could throughout the day. His coughing got better each day. By the end of the 4th day, his cough was completely gone!



I would like to share my Mom's natural remedy for a cough with my blog readers:


1. Heat up about 4-6 cups of water in a pot.

2. Remove the skin on a piece of fresh organic ginger about  2-3 inches long.



3. Slice the ginger into thin pieces.






4. Add the sliced ginger pieces into the pot and let them boil for a few minutes, Turn the heat down to medium low, and let simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.

5. Pour ginger tea into a mug; add 1-2 teaspoons of honey ( not sugar) to sweeten the tea if desired. Honey apparently soothes your sore throat while the ginger is good for the coughs.

The organic ginger honey tea is  an effective natural remedy for a cough!  We love it as it has no side effects on my family.
It is affordable and easy to make!

R.T.
San Francisco
USA




No comments:

Post a Comment