Thursday 8 August 2019

First Day of Our Alaska Cruise Trip on the Westerdam from Vancouver

Cruise to Alaska – Day 1

I got up in the morning trying to finish everything I need to do while I still had wifi access before embarking on the next leg of our travel.
J. was asking about which plane we would be flying and where we would be staying in Alaska. Then he got upset about the flight itinerary and for staying in Alaska for too long. He was upset with us for not consulting with him about the trip plan. Yes, we could have done better.

After E. and I went for a walk, we checked out and went for breakfast at this local mom & pop diner. It was good except J. was still upset. I was disappointed that E. left as soon as he was done breakfast. I wished he could stay longer. I noticed that every time I planned to share God’s word with my sons when we meet, there was always some arguments broke out and I ended up not able to do it.
I was determined to share a bible message with our grown children before we parted our way this time.

After breakfast, we took a cab to the cruise terminal, met E. in front of the Vancouver Convention Centre.

My husband and I gave E. and J. each a red pocket, then I shared the story of how the 10 lepers were healed but only 1 came back to thank Jesus. I shared with them how thankful I was that both our children took  time and flew to celebrate my birthday with me. I got so emotional that I cried a little.
Vancouver waterfront, Canada

I have been praying that J. and E. could reconnect and develop a better relationship, but this didn’t seem to happen. I do not understand what’s happening but I just keep on trusting God that He knows what He is doing.

E. saw us good bye and we even had time to play a trivia game set up close by the boarding gate. 













E. walked us all the way until we reached the US border security. That was nice of him. 









We checked in at 2:30pm and it didn’t take long before we were in our room – stateroom 6044 and we upgraded it to a room with a balcony!

After unpacking and going through the safety drill, we went for our first dinner on this cruise.
There was a good variety of nutritious food from which to choose. I was glad we could eat healthy on this trip. We chose rainbow trout, ribs and salad. It was delicious and healthy! We sat and ate at the Lido Market, a buffet area, and enjoyed the ocean view.



We went around and explored the Westerdam cruise ship. J. showed me how to take pictures from a good angle in the gallery area. That was fun!









Attending a presentation on our cruise ship on day 1 of our cruise
We tried to find out the programs offered this evening and went to a Ted talk style presentation about Alaska. 














The cruise director gave an informative presentation on the State of Alaska
We learned something about this huge state with about 730,000 inhabitants, same size as Seattle while J. explored the ship on his own.












The impression I got from the  Holland America cruise ship is that it’s a little older ship than the others, but it does pffer good educational workshops. It seems to attract a different crowd than the other bigger cruise ships.












Beautiful sunset view from our cruise ship heading to Alaska
For this evening’s entertainment, we watched the Walt Disney documentary, Bears, in the Main Stage theatre. It was an interesting show about how an Alaskan bear mother working hard to keep her two young  pups survived their first year. Very educational and entertaining!


Without free access to the internet on board, we all went to sleep by 12am. It was a nice break from all the  social media, a wonderful change!

We look forward a great cruise with our loved ones to Alaska!

R.T.
Onboard of a North bound Cruise Ship
 to Alaska, USA
072819

No comments:

Post a Comment