Thursday 8 August 2019

A Family Reunion Dinner in Vancouver on My Special Birthday

My special milestone birthday dinner


We started the day with a hearty breakfast at a local mom and pop diner run by a Chinese family.
The diner was within walking distance from our hotel.
It was a traditional Canadian hearty breakfast with eggs, bacon toast and home fries.









We had a good chat at breakfast, J. is always talking about politics and his favourite country.
We waited eagerly for E. to arrive at the hotel from his SF flight.

While waiting for him, we went back to our hotel room and worked on our Toronto family reunion e invitation. But it wasn't as easy as I thought. After my husband worked on it, we discovered that we needed to pay some 53 e coins before we could send it. What a disappointment it was!



After his S.F. flight, E. arrived at our hotel around 2pm. After resting a little while we walked to Canada Place as we needed to get to the restaurant for dinner at 6pm.


Since we didn't have a lot of time, we could not do Stanley Park as planned.





We hang around at the Vancouver waterfront for a little bit watching the cruise ship sailing off.








We had a drink and some sushi at the bar by the waterfront restaurant. I was glad to see that he and J. seemed to have a lot to share with one another.

We only stayed at the restaurant for about 40 minutes and walked to the restaurant for dinner.


My special birthday dinner was at the Jade Dynasty Restaurant on East Pender Street in downtown Vancouver. We had dinner the night before there and we liked it. So I reserved a table and pre selected the menu for this dinner.

It was a nice dinner with fresh seafood from the local market.  The part I liked the most about my birthday dinner was sharing with my family the parable of the master giving his servants different talents after dinner.  Jordan and Melody in particular listened attentively.








  Motoki came and joint us after his work.  However, I noticed that E. seemed to be out of the conversation, I felt bad that J. seemed to be monopolizing the conversation while E. didn’t seem to make much of an effort to be engaged in it as he looked bored and tired. But I was glad that at least I got E., J. and his cousin and Motoki together.


After dinner, we  took a taxi back to our hotel. We walked to the Granville Bridge and watched the firework there. It was beautiful! God arranged a firework on my birthday!

Then we went back to the hotel, with E. and J. and us all in the same room, the two brothers sharing a king size bed, I felt blessed and loved having the whole family together.

How I wish this night would never end! 

R.T.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment